HCC-TV and HCC-Radio
Dragon Digital Media at Howard Community College (HCC) houses Dragon Digital Television (DD-TV), an educational access channel for Howard County, and Dragon Digital Radio, an internet-based station. The staff of Dragon Digital Media creates local programming with an effort to feature HCC.
Dragon Digital Television:
- provides script-to-screen production in support of the college's mission, vision, values;
- provides, maintains, and updates a state-of–the-art cable facility to accomplish the core work of a 24 hours per day/7 days per week program schedule;
- produces quality original programming and projects that are educational, informational, and encompass community and college interests;
- acquires additional quality programming that is educational, informational, and diverse;
- provides production personnel to record and rebroadcast live county council and county executive hearings;
- creates and provides a monthly programming schedule for community viewership that is distributed online; and
- creates and provides a 24 hours per day/7 days per week programming schedule for community viewership, through the Howard County government website.
Dragon Digital Radio:
- supports an internet radio station that is part of the Audio Video Media Production curriculum to allow students in Audio Video Media Production classes the opportunity to create content;
- creates, via the radio faculty and staff, original programming/podcasts and acquires music that fits the station’s format;
- produces quality original programming/podcasts that are educational, informational, and encompass college and community interests; and
- creates and provides a 24 hours per day/seven days per week programming schedule.