You are eligible to apply for financial aid if:
- You are a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- You have a valid Social Security Number.
- You have a high school diploma, General Education Development Certificate (GED), or completed homeschooling at the secondary level.
- You are in compliance with Selective Service registration, if male.
- You are enrolled in a financial aid eligible certificate or a degree program at HCC.*
- You are making satisfactory academic progress (SAP) toward completion of a degree or certificate.
- You are not in default on a Perkins Loan, Federal Direct Stafford Loan or Federal Direct PLUS Loan.
- You are not in an overpayment status for any Federal aid program at any post-secondary institution or have exceeded the aggregate loan limits.
*Students enrolled in programs not leading to a degree or certificate awarded by Howard Community College are not eligible for financial aid at HCC. Note that not all programs at HCC are financial aid eligible–check the Schedule of Classes for eligibility.