Pre-Pharmacy - A.A. Degree (Transfer)
An Arts and Sciences Area of Concentration
Application Code 55
For curriculum information, contact the Science, Engineering, and Technology Division—Room SET-430—443-518-1600.
Pharmacists dispense drugs and medications prescribed by physicians and dentists, advise on the proper use and proper dosage of prescription and nonprescription medications, and work in research and marketing positions. Job opportunities exist in hospitals and clinics, community pharmacies, the pharmaceutical industry, and in government agencies. The pre-pharmacy curriculum below includes the science, mathematics, and liberal arts electives that are prerequisites for admission to pharmacy programs at transfer institutions. This area of concentration is designed to transfer to University of Maryland’s School of Pharmacy. Students should become familiar with the prerequisite entrance requirements of the transfer institution from which they intend to receive their professional degree in order to plan a course of study at HCC that includes the appropriate electives.
Suggested Semester 1
Suggested Semester 2
Suggested Semester 3
Suggested Semester 4
Total Credit Hours: 60
A graduate should be able to
- Demonstrate mastery/comprehension of the fundamental biological, chemical, and physical principles underlying living systems.
- Apply knowledge of scientific principles and concepts in clinical/scientific settings.
- Communicate science effectively to professionals and lay persons.
- Use mathematical concepts to analyze data.
- Identify, understand, evaluate, and apply ethical reasoning.