Pre-Allied Health - A.A. Degree (Transfer)
An Arts and Sciences Area of Concentration
Application Code 68
For curriculum information, contact the Science, Engineering, and Technology Division—Room SET-430—443-518-1600.
Highly qualified allied health professionals are needed to respond to the increasing health needs of a growing population. The pre-allied health curriculum is designed to prepare students for entrance into the following programs: dental hygiene, nursing, physical therapy, physician assistant, and radiation therapist. The pre-allied health curriculum emphasizes science and liberal arts courses that are required for transfer into these professional schools at other institutions. The curriculum has been designed to fulfill the diverse prerequisites of professional schools in these allied health areas. Students should become familiar with the entrance requirements of the professional program from which they plan to obtain their allied health degree in order to plan a course of study at HCC that includes the appropriate electives.
Suggested Semester 1
Suggested Semester 2
Suggested Semester 3
Suggested Semester 4
Select a minimum of 8 credits from the following:
Total Credit Hours: 60
A graduate should be able to
- Demonstrate mastery of fundamental biological, chemical, and physical principles underlying living systems.
- Apply knowledge of scientific principles and concepts in clinical/scientific settings.
- Communicate science effectively to professionals and lay persons.
- Use mathematical techniques to analyze data.
- Identify, understand, evaluate, and apply ethical reasoning.