Entertainment Technology A.A.S. Degree (Career)
Application Code 317
For curriculum information, contact the Arts & Humanities Division - Room HVPA-200 - 443-518-1480.
The Entertainment Technology AAS degree prepares students to obtain audio, lighting, video, and live event crew positions that support presenting and entertainment events for organizations of all types and sizes. This degree is a hands-on workforce training program, which insures that graduates are well-prepared to enter into needed technical positions. The program partners with local organizations to offer on-the-job training as well as potential post-graduation employment.
Suggested Semester 1
Suggested Semester 2
|CADD 101||Introduction to Computer-Aided Drafting and Design||
|ENTE 105||Entertainment Technology Lighting||
|ENTE 106||Entertainment Technology Audio||
|PHYS 101||Technical Physical Science||
|THET 110||Introduction to Theatre||
|THET 160||Theatre Practicum I||
Suggested Summer Term
Suggested Semester 3
Suggested Semester 4
Total Credit Hours: 60
A graduate should be able to
- 1. Identify, understand, evaluate, and apply ethical reasoning as it applies to Entertainment Technology.
- 2. Demonstrate self-confidence, motivation, intellectual curiosity, and open-mindedness.
- 3. Identify and utilize electrical, lighting, and acoustical theories and designs pertaining to live events.
- 4. Demonstrate the proficient use of industry standard audio, lighting, video, stage rigging, and set construction equipment.
- 5. Operate competently within the entire production process for live events by demonstrating technician best practices that support live events.
- 6. Create basic scenic, lighting, audio, and video designs.