CMSY-110 Software Applications for Micros
This course provides the knowledge necessary to function as a fluent computer user in today's technological society. After successful completion of this course, the student will be able to use appropriate file management in addition to word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation graphic software. Keyboarding skills are strongly recommended.
2 hours lecture, 2 hours lab weekly
1. Demonstrate the ability to learn, communicate effectively, collaborate, and problem-solve computer
technology related tasks and projects using appropriate technology and terminology to analyze,
evaluate, access, process, and present information that communicates solutions in multiple formats
to a diverse audience.
2. Differentiate computer terminology and concepts in major MS Office applications using appropriate
symbols and vocabulary.
3. Evaluate, identify, and use system and application programs clearly and effectively to solve tasks
4. Evaluate data relevance and credibility and formulate the decision on using the database or graphs
and charts to illustrate quantitative and qualitative data.
5. Demonstrate skills that apply to a word processing package to create, edit, format, and distribute
6. Design, collaborate, and present to a diverse audience through most current and appropriate
technology a presentation graphics package to enter and edit text, graphics, and pictures.
7. Integrate a database package to create simple forms, tables, queries, and reports.
8. Describe techniques to acquire and upgrade technology skills as computing evolves.