BMGT-203 Business Ethics
This course will study the status and elements of ethics within the modern business world and environment. The impact of governing bodies, the role of industry-imposed guidelines, the element of corporate social responsibility, and accepted standards of conduct will comprise some of the elements of this course. Students will learn to examine instances of ethical dilemma, select elements that influence ethical considerations, and determine appropriate ethical decision-making processes.
Eligible to enroll in ENGL-121
3 hours weekly
1. Compare and contrast the concepts of law, ethics, and morals.
2. Compare and contrast several ethical theories.
3. Analyze the interrelationships between ethics and other business forces, such as corporate social
4. Outline the features of modern business operations which impact ethics.
5. Analyze contemporary organizational and business situations and identify their ethical parameters.
6. Describe liability in ethical situations and identify instances of risk.
7. Select components of an ethical dilemma.
8. Access resources to apply in the ethical decision-making process.
9. Utilize critical thinking skills in analysis of business ethics.