BMGT-175 Business Communications
This course encompasses the vital components of business communication applicable to any employment setting: business writing, interpersonal business communication, business etiquette and professionalism, and business communications utilizing technology. Students will create a business writing portfolio, an individual presentation, and work together with a team to create a group presentation, using current technologies and learning to communicate in diverse environments.
3 hours weekly
1. Analyze and implement the steps of the business writing process.
2. Construct the essential written documents needed when applying for a job, using and adapting
appropriate technologies for research and communication to achieve the best results in the job
3. Identify, use, and adapt a variety of appropriate business correspondence and technologies to
plan, write, and complete business messages and presentations, to complete research, and to
collaborate with team members through technology-mediated formats.
4. Design and give various types of business presentations and articulate ideas for a range of
audiences and purposes.
5. Communicate and participate in a team setting, using appropriate technologies as a
communication tool for researching, creating, and delivering a group presentation.
6. Effectively deliver a routine message and a negative message in a business setting, using direct
and indirect communication styles as appropriate.
7. Give and receive feedback, practice active listening skills, and analyze one’s own communication
style and choices, and those of others, through peer writing reviews and practice presentations.
8. Deliver an effective formal oral presentation in front of a group, demonstrating the physical ability
to speak effectively, conveying concepts efficiently, appropriately, creatively, and in an organized