Information Systems Management–Office Systems - A.A. Degree (Transfer)
A Business Administration Area of Study
Application Code 229
For curriculum information, contact the Business and Computer Systems Division—Room DH-239—443-518-1520.
Since the use of computers has become increasingly commonplace, the need for personnel to help government and industry utilize this tool more effectively continues to grow. This area of study prepares students for some of the occupations which rely on a firm knowledge of computer systems, including information center specialist, liaison with user departments, and office automation analyst. This area of study is designed to transfer to a Bachelor of Arts degree at UMBC where various upper-level courses would then be taken.
General Education Core
Students enrolled in transfer patterns must take a minimum of 30 credits in General Education. Each student’s total of general education and required courses must equal at least 60 semester hours of credit.
Arts & Humanities
Social & Behavioral Sciences
Biological & Physical Sciences
|-||or higher core course||
Required Courses Related to Major
Total Credit Hours: 60
A graduate should be able to
- 1. Utilize software, tools, and current programming languages to create application business solutions.
- 2. Apply knowledge of accounting, management, and economics in the application and creation of business solutions.
- 3. Demonstrate competence in programming, analysis and design principles, data structures, testing, and debugging techniques.
- 4. Demonstrate knowledge of computer environment to support the use of programming languages for business solutions.
- 5. Identify, understand, evaluate, and apply ethical reasoning in business practices.