2013-14 College Catalog

Online Catalog

Transfer Students

Students planning to transfer to Howard Community College should arrange to meet with an advisor. In addition to standard application procedures, students seeking credit for prior college-level coursework must declare a major and officially request a transcript evaluation by completing and submitting a Transcript Evaluation Request Form and the appropriate transcript evaluation fee ($15 for a single learning program evaluation; $25 for multiple evaluations). Transfer students must also submit official transcripts and appropriate catalogs and other documentation necessary for evaluating their transcripts. The Transcript Evaluation Request Form is available in the ­Office of Admissions and Advising or online at

FOREIGN TRANSCRIPTS–The college will award transfer credit when appropriate for prior college-level coursework successfully completed at foreign colleges and universities. However, students with foreign transcripts must have a course evaluation by a nationally accredited foreign transcript evaluation service and submit such evaluations to the Office of Admissions and Advising for further review. A listing of several nationally accredited services is available in the Office of Admissions and Advising and on the website ( Information regarding such services is available in the Office of Admissions and Advising.

Details regarding credit for prior learning policies are provided on page xx.